Tuesday 9 April 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4

undefined
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.


This weeks topic is Top Ten books you read before you were a blogger. I read a few of my favorite books before I was a blogger, but these are the ones that come to mind.

1. The Passage by Justin Cronin
This is still my favorite book, it showed me a whole other side of reading I didn't know existed and made me an avid reader. Before i'd read this I had only ever read true story books from my mums bookcase, it made me realize there were books I could really enjoy reading.     Amazon


2. The Hunger games by Suzanne Collins 
I knew I would love this series, as soon as I heard about it I went out and bought the series. It made me realize there what my favorite genre was and that there was a section in the book shop dedicated to YA books, which is pretty much where I get every book I read now.  Amazon


This series was recommended to me because I love zombies, but the name put me off at first. But eventually I read it and absolutely loved it, I couldn't put it down. It only took me a couple of weeks to read the whole series.    Amazon

4. Ashes by Isla J. Bick
This book was an impulse buy, I picked this book up because of the cover and It was amazing. I loved it and I'm really looking forward reading the sequel.
Amazon

 5. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
This was a series that took me by surprise the premise was so intriguing I had to buy it but I didn't expect to love the series as much as I did. I'm reading the prequel right now and its making me want to reread them all.
Amazon

6. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Dystopia is my absolute favorite genre and this book is a great example of why. its so imaginative and capturing.
Amazon

7. Divergent by Veronica Roth
This was another impulse buy, it was marked in the shop as "For Fans of the Hunger Games." so obviously I bought a copy and loved it.
Amazon

8. Last Light by Alex Scarrow
I love apocalypse premise and this one was so scarily plausible I just couldn't put it down. I've finally ordered the sequel and I can't wait for it to arrive.
9. Switched by Amanda Hocking
This book surprised me, i'd heard of it but I didn't think i would enjoy a book about trolls at all, it sounded a bit to fantasy for me but I got the whole series cheap secondhand and I love them. I'm saving the last one until my TBR pile is smaller.
10. Autumn by David Moody
As a massive zombie fan I couldn't resist buying this book written by an English author. Its was so original it became a favorite right away.
Amazon

2 comments :

  1. New follower! The Forest of Hands and Teeth was on my list too! I've also read Switched, The Maze Runner, and The Hunger Games, but all after I started blogging.

    Check out my TTT.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood Red Road was an awesome read as was The Forest of Hands and Teeth. Unfortunately I read both while blogging. Great choices!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and hear your thoughts about my blog. Thanks for stopping by! <3