Tuesday 12 February 2013

Review: Starfire Angels by Melanie Nilles

Starfire Angels by Melanie Nilles
2/5 stars

Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Chronicles, #1)I received a signed copy of this book from the author and the over was so beautifully simple I had high hopes for the book. Unfortunately it took me awhile to finish it. It was only 179 pages, but it really dragged. I was so disappointed with it, it had a great premise but it didn't live up to my expectations. I didn't like the main character - Raea - at all she wasn't just flawed she was really unlikable. She was very immature for 18 and had a some really warped views in my opinion - she wasn't popular but didn't like Ellis because no one else did, he was the best part of the book and probably would of made a better main character.  Trying to think of something I liked about this book is really hard, I wanted to like it but it just wasn't captivating. I think a fantasy book should really transport you in to the pages, all this book did was make me wanna throw it - Raea was so frustrating  The book did have a good story line, I liked the romance and Ellis was a great character, but the main character needed work in order for people to be able to identify with her. I was hoping the ending would make up for the drag if I'm honest but there was no cliff hanger or incentive to read the next book. If I saw the second book cheap I would probably read it to see how the author developed the story but I don't feel any hurry to get my paws on the rest of the series as far as I'm concerned the story could of ended there unless the main character has been drastically altered in the rest of the series.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and hear your thoughts about my blog. Thanks for stopping by! <3